Hook Swim School Policies
Our Do's and Don'ts; for all things related to a happy, healthy visit to Hook Swim School .
Pool & Hygiene Rules
Make Up Policy
What if I miss a class?:
- You need to notify of your child’s absence at least 1 day before via the Customer Portal. (not by email or in-person)
- Makeup lessons can only be arranged via the Customer Portal.(please do not email or ask the office staff to arrange an alternative session)
- Lessons are booked as a full term. All lessons must be taken within the date range that they were booked for.
- We operate at full capacity and are unable to offer you catch up classes.
- The customer portal allows you to mark yourself off as absent – if you notify at least one day in advance you will get an option to book an alternative lesson in the current term.
- Our classes are full so you will only be able to book an alternative if other parents have notified us of their absence in which case you will take their place.
- You can only do this twice in a term and the system will not allow you to carry these over to the next term.
- If you book a make-up class and are unable to attend you will not be able to book another alternative.
- No credits or refunds will be given for missed classes.
- While there is some flexibility we do not guarantee that you will be able to find a catch-up class so we do ask that you commit to the day and time that you book for.
- If no available times are showing on the portal it is because all of the suitable classes are full, you will need to keep checking or try a different week.
- Please do not email or ask the office staff to arrange alternative sessions for you, if you need help registering on the portal we can assist with that
Classes are paid for in advance for a whole school term, unless alternative arrangements have been made.
Your place is secured once the full payment has been received.
Enrolments are taken at any time throughout the term and term fees are pro rated
Terms & Conditions
Hook Swim School will always aim to be open, honest and fair with all of its clients. We, therefore, invite you to read all of our policies and procedures and contact us if you wish to discuss anything within them
If you fail to adhere to Hook Swim School terms and conditions, a customer may be requested to discontinue lessons with Hook Swim school. In this instance, Hook Swim School will be under no obligation to provide refunds for any future lessons.
We reserve the right to make amendments to our Terms and Conditions at any time to reflect changes in our business or statutory obligations. The amended terms & conditions will be posted on the Hook Swim School website and will be effective immediately.
By continuing with bookings it is assumed you agree with the T&Cs set out below.
Payment for classes can be paid in full in advance. This will be advised to you at the time of booking along with payment timescales/methods available and will be confirmed via email.
All payment dates will be confirmed to you, If payment is made on time your place in the lessons is secure.
2.Cancellation / Amendments
Hook Swim School reserves the right to alter course dates should it be necessary due to illness or other unforeseeable reasons. where this happens we will endeavour to give as much notice as possible.
Any cancellations due to force majeure, power cuts, pool closures, adverse weather, disasters and pandemics will not be refundable, as these are out of our control.
Hook Swim School do not offer refunds for the cancellation of courses, the space is secured for the term and if you decide to leave before the end of the term, this must be communicated via email, any remaining / outstanding term payment will be due in full within 24hrs of cancellation.
Refunds if granted are processed at the end of the current term.
Hook Swim school is committed to providing the best service it can, but we also understand that, occasionally, something may go wrong or you may be unhappy with the service provided. If at any point you are unhappy with the service provided we would like to know so that we can address this issue as soon as possible to resolve it to your satisfaction.
We view all feedback as valuable and important feedback about the service which we provide, and will use the feedback to improve the service that we provide.
To make a complaint please call 02083977731 –
5. All children attending Parent& Baby/Child lessons must be accompanied in the water by their adult or carer.
6. Parents/carers are responsible for their child in their care at all times when they are in the pool with the child and must inform the teacher before the lesson of any issues or concerns that they may have.
7. Bad behaviour/language or aggression to any teacher or member of Hook Swim School will NOT be tolerated, we expect customers to act in a civilised manner at all times, at our venue and when speaking to a member of the team on the phone.
During the lessons there will be some physical contact between the teacher and their child, this will always be carried out in a professional manner.
8. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform Hook Swim school and teacher of any condition (whether it be medical or not) that could affect their or their child’s capabilities in the swimming pool, all information will be treated as confidential, this will help ensure that we take these conditions into consideration in the lessons.
9. Customers must agree to follow pool procedures which will be advised to them at the time of confirmation (and further confirmed in the confirmation of registration email). It is important that customers follow instructions given to them regarding car parking and entry and exit route to pools, if you have any questions please ask the teacher or a member of Hook Swim School.
10. Customers should aim to arrive no more than 10 minutes before the lesson.
Food is strictly forbidden in the changing rooms and on poolside
Smoking is strictly forbidden inside our premises.
What to wear
Hook swim school policy is that children in parent & baby and parent & toddler classes must wear tight-fitting swim nappies, to avoid contamination of the water, if the water is contaminated the pool will be closed which will result in disruption to further lessons scheduled. The policy also applies to children who are not yet fully toilet trained they must wear a tight-fitting swim nappy. Children are welcome to wear swimming costumes, swim trunks or baby swimsuits.
Children & adults must remove loose / hair bobbles/clips/headbands or sharp jewellery before swimming, we would not want any items to come off in the pool as they may fall into the pool’s filters and cause considerable damage.
All swimmers must wear a swimming hat.
Outdoor footwear is not permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms.
Goggles are optional for both children and adults.
Health & Safety
Swimmers & Parents / Carers: Please do not run or allow your child to run on the poolside, we do not want anyone to have an accident or injure themselves.
You must not bring your child swimming if they are unwell, if you are unsure please speak to a member of the Hook Swim school team.
Swimmers must not get into the swimming pool until the teacher says that it is safe to do so if a swimmer needs to leave the pool before the end of the lesson they must tell the teacher.
Photography / Videos
We do not allow any photography/videos without permission, if you have any questions regarding this please speak to a member of Hook Swim School.
We offer a 5% Sibling discount for 2 siblings and a 7.5% discount for 3 or more siblings,
Swimming Classes Now Open
Registration for classes now open.
Signup now to avoid disappointment.