Baby & Toddler Swimming Classes
For Babies from 3 months to 3 years old
We love to teach babies at Hook Swim School. We introduce babies to swimming and water safety in a relaxed and happy atmosphere. Our classes cater for babies aged 3 months to 3 years.
Our baby and toddler swimming classes have been designed around your child’s age so that the activities are reflective of your child’s developmental stage, both physically and cognitively.
OUR AIMS FOR BABY CLASSES
- For your child to enjoy the lesson in the closeness of familiar arms
- For your child to become gradually more independent and capable in the water
- To teach children vital water safety skills such as; listening to instructions from parents when around water, as well as how to enter and exit the pool safely
- For your child to learn breath control
- To teach assisted flotation leading towards independent flotation on front and back
- To teach simple movement through the water
- To prepare for accidental immersion and recovery to the wall
- To increase social and language skills, so that the bond between baby and adult is strengthened and enhanced
- To build confidence, so that the child feels comfortable and confident in the water.
BABY CLASS GUIDELINES
Prior to attending your first class with your child, please read the guidelines below. That way we will be able to instruct, you and your child, as efficiently as possible:-
- A parent or guardian is required to be in the water for baby classes up until the age of 3
- Classes are 30 minutes in duration
- Babies must wear swim nappies. We usually have some spares just in case you forget your own. All other equipment is provided
- Classes are run by our experienced team of teachers