COVID 19 Information
Our safety measures
What will be different?
We are very happy to be able to open the doors to the pool and welcome you back to The Hook Swim School. We have been working very hard to make sure our premises are as safe as they can be for you & the staff to come and enjoy the use of our pool again.
PLEASE take the time to read the following IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
So what to expect with the new normal;
- We can no longer allow any walk in customers. Everyone who would like to use the pool needs to be enrolled on a course or session. You can do this by contacting the office either by phone or through the website.
- Track and Trace – All visitors and contractors will need to leave their contact details at reception. If you are registered with us and are coming to your usual class we will already have your details. If someone other than the registered customer will be accompanying a child to the lesson, they must leave their contact details at reception.
Please check in at the office, there will be a member of staff to greet you.
- There will be only one person (or one family) allowed in the entrance at a time, please make sure the entrance area is clear before you come in. Please do not let your children run ahead and enter the premises together.
- Please remove your shoes and place on the shoe rack. We advise that you and your children try to wear shoes that are easy to put on and take off. Accompanying adults are advised to bring pool side shoes
- Hand sanitiser will always be available in the entrance hall
- Please sanitise your hands.
Changing on Arrival
- It is important that you arrive on time. We still have classes running back to back so if you are late you may not be able to use the changing room until a space becomes available.
- Swimmers can chose to come ready changed or not, either way there will be an allocated changing time for all swimmers.
- There will be a maximum of 3 swimmers in each changing room at a time. Once you are changed please remain in the changing room and wait to be invited to pool side. This is to avoid any congestion in the hallway, but feel free to use the toilet if necessary.
- Please do not leave anything in the changing rooms, take all personal belongings, clothes and towels with you as you may not be able to use the same changing space at the end of your session.
- The showers will be turned off and this space can be used as an additional changing area (max 2 people). The Disabled toilet can also be used as a changing area – the toilet in the Disabled room will be out of use for hygiene reasons- please use the separate toilet facility.
- The plastic curtains separating the pool and changing facilities will be kept open for the duration of the classes. Please avoid touching them.
- You will be invited onto poolside 3-4minutes before the start of your session
- Once all swimmers are on poolside the swimmers in the water will climb out of the pool, go to their parents and exit the pool area.
- Please do not sit down, stand with your child until the previous class has left.
- Swimmers will now be invited to sit on pool side & spectators can now take their seats. Chairs have been spread out at least 2 meters apart.
- There will be a one way system around the poolside, please follow the markings & instructions from the staff
We are following the STA guidelines on how lessons should now be taught with the safety of everyone being the utmost importance issue.
Risk assessments have been carried out to cover all necessary areas.
Classes will be run in adherence with all social distancing rules & this will be reinforced to the children throughout the lesson.
It would help us greatly if you could discuss this & general pool hygiene etiquette with your child before coming to the pool.
There will be maximum 4 swimmers in a class, in advanced groups the number has been reduced from 12 to 8. During lessons, there will a maximum total of 8 swimmers in the pool at a time.
Support and Contact
For our younger swimmers who require support the teacher will be in the water.
However parents can enter the water with their child if they need more physical support.
For the more competent swimmers the teacher will teach from the side of the pool.
In order to discourage children leaving the pool during the lesson please encourage your child to go to the toilet before their class.
Changing and leaving
- In line with the latest government safety guidelines the showers, hair driers & tuck shop are NOT available until further notice.
- Once changed, please wait in the doorway of the changing room until you are asked to move forward. There will be one family unit putting on shoes and there will be a marked waiting area for the next family to wait on. We ask that you put your shoes on as quickly as you can and leave the premises.
- If you prefer to leave in your swimwear please still go to the changing areas to dry off.
- CLEANING – We have an enhanced cleaning schedule, changing rooms will be cleaned before and after each use, other areas will also be cleaned more frequently throughout the day. We thank you for waiting patiently before entering an area that is being cleaned.
- LOST PROPERTY– Any items left behind will be kept until the end of the day only. If you realise you have left something please call or email as soon as possible to let us know.
- HATS & GOGGLES-We will no longer have spare hats and goggles available for you to borrow. If you forget your swimming hat you will need to purchase one from the office or you will not be able to swim. Goggles are optional.
- EQUIPMENT– will be sanitised at the end of every session, we will have different sets of equipment rotating throughout the day. If you feel more comfortable please bring your own noodle/float/pull bouy etc, please make sure that it is clearly labelled.
- COMMUNICATION-As much as we would love to chat with you all again we obviously need to follow all social distancing rules.
- There will always be a designated member of staff monitoring & controlling
The new procedures, in addition, there will be a member of staff in the office
As much as possible.
However, we would appreciate that any questions/queries etc be communicated by phone or e-mail.
FACE COVERINGS -We welcome the wearing of face coverings especially in the entrance hall & changing rooms however it is not compulsory at present.
Please be mindful of others & ensure social distancing is adhered to at all times.
Finally…… This is obviously a new experience for us all so please bear with us during the initial re-opening phase.
We have done our utmost to understand & cover all the new guidelines, however
If you have any suggestions or ideas on any of the new procedures then please let us know, we would love to hear your thoughts.